quesGrandmother claiming her property back from my father after registry

Hello sir meri grandmother ne mere father ko 1996 mein property sale ki thi registary mein sab mention hai ki property sale hui hai ab grandmother vapis property mang rahe hai 2007 act mein ye possible hai ke property vapis ho sakti hai

  • ansDear if your grandmother has sold out the property and your father has paid for that at the time of registry, then she can't claim back, if she has just transferred the property without consideration of money then she can claim.

    Advocate J.C. Kaushal

      Phase 11, Mohali

  • ansYes, it is possible. Concerned SDM having this power to cancel the registry but you can play tactic to safeguard your interest ,depending upon the facts of the case. one thing more to be considered that is the time of application when presented.

    Advocate Ashwani Verma

      Roop Nagar, Hoshiarpur

  • ansIn Case the property has been sold then she can't claim back after so many years. At the most she can claim maintenance but every case has it's own facts and circumstances. There are other children of your grandmother she should proceed to have maintenance from them

    Advocate Kanwarjit Singh Pruthi

      District Court, Patiala

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I done registered land banakhat with 12 month limit period. Now limit over but party…
We have bought a property from a lady which is her self acquired property. Now…
My cousin's father expired a few days back. His father left an unregistered WILL signed…
I am interested in changing my line of profession from that of a service employee…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Ramakrishnan S.

  Cunningham Road
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News