Grandfather not giving a share to father from ancestor property

my fathers grand father give property to his son ( my grand father ) legally .... my grandfather has 3 sons but he gives property to only 2 sons .... my father has not given any property .... do i have right in that property ?

Answers (4)

278 votes

Yes, offcourse you do have right in the property upto the share of your father. But for that you have to file a civil suit for partition in the ancestral property and suit for declaration. For further briefing in detail you can contact me.
Bhuvan Bhalla

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

No as this property was self acquired property of your grand father he can transfer to any body, as your grandfather has transfered property to his two son another third doesn't acquired any right so in this case you didn't have any right

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
104 votes

In ancestral property every child has got right by birth. Your father's grand father has no right to give it to only two sons you can seek your remedy by moving the court of law and you will certainly get your share

91 votes

Yes your father has equal right on the property, file a suit for declaration along with permanent injunction in the court and get stay order, contact a good civil lawyer, you can get your share from ancestral property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles