Grandfather died interstate wants to divide the property

Hi Sir, I am , From Erode, Tamilnadu. My father name is chinnasamy (65).My father having 4 sisters. All four aunties are married before 1965.Now all aunties are alive. My grandfather having 6 acre land. We (My father and me) are farmers. My grandfather died on 1998. My grandfather having no will. As per Hindu succession act 2005, my father only eligible for father's property. But all my aunties are asking equal share (1.2 acre).so please tell me actual supreme court order and how to manage this problem.

Before the 2005 amendment to the Hindu Succession Act, women had no right to share ancestral property. SC has held 9 Sept 2005 as the relevant date. Only your father shall inherit the ancestral property to the exclusion of your aunts, as your grandfather had passed away in 1998.

Supreme court has recently give a clear interpretation about the rights of daughters in their fathers property and every court has to abide by it . I am sorry ti inform you that your has only equal right with his sisters in his fathers property . So try for a amicable settlement instead of wasting your time and money by going for litigation.