quesGovernment road encroached upon, can the encroacher be criminally held


In the district of madhubani a portion of the government road has been encroached upon by an encroacher, Now I plan to work out a criminal case against the encroacher by simply making the authorities of government of India as a party to a public interest litigation and simply get the encroacher trapped for criminal prosecution.
I plan not to make the encroacher a party to petition, simply no excuses theft of goivernment property is theft as per ipc , can such an act be excercised?

  • ansWell your queries is into two parts first u want to prosecute the encroacher and second part is to file a pil . I must clarify you that if u want to file a criminal case it can filed only in local police station or court with local jurijurisdiction and in that u need to state the name of encroacheres . Secondly if u want to file a pil that will be filed only in hon,ble patna high court and in that u have to make opposite parties concerned with the road that is the department whom that road belongs , district administration and circle office madhubani.

    Advocate Ratnesh Kumar

      Civil Court, Patna, Patna

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Matter relating to mesne profits forgotten while dismissing Company Appeal, inspite of order of admission…
my maternal uncle filed a case against my mother and my mother's mother regarding property…
my father died 25yrs ago and my grandpa also died 5yrs ago. After my fathers…
Hello sir, my dad was retaired army, and he bought 2 tractors. One tractor is…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly