Gave advance for booking a flat, but project not approved. What to do?

i booked a flat in pune paid adv rs. one lakh, three months ago booking done, but the project not approved by any bank, asked to return back the money, he says fifty thouysand only, whether ia can get full amt, if iwill sent a notice to him or not, please suggest what to do?

Answers (3)

212 votes

sir, definately you will get your full money back but then you need issue a legal notice alleging the penal offence. even if it doent work then you can lodge police complaint in writing wherein your matter will surely get solve. or else you will have to file civil/criminal litigation against the said builder.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

You can take action against builder by issuing legal notice nn claim the amount with interest. If he doesn't pay you can file recovery case in court of law. Recently similar action was taken by one my client matter is pending in court presently.
You can also ask attachment of any flat of builder in said matter.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
247 votes

Please check the terms and conditions of your booking letter and verify whether the builder has any right to forfeit any amount or if any amount paid to the builder is non refundable. If there are no such conditions then you may send the builder a legal notice for refund.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles