Father has gifted me Mhada property and i want to transfer my name

30-Mar-2023 (In Property Law)
My father has gifted me a property(MHADA) and i want to transfer my name in society. My brother does not want to give NOC as he is against it but my remaining siblings are with me. I have a registered gift deed, affidavit & indemnity bond and father is still alive and in my favor. Is there any way out of it? Any help is highly appreciated.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
971 votes
If property is self acquired property of your father then your brother consent is not required to dispose the property. hence Gift is valid and even though If society refuses to give you membership then you can approach to the concerned higher authority.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."