Father gave the property to mother in settlement want to claim right

Sir/Madam, My mother got a settlement from her father during the year 2011. This property was acquired by my maternal grandfather during the year 1940's. Now my mother wants to sell the property without our consent. Does she need a NOC from me and my brother and 2 sisters to sell the property. Can we legally claim rights of the property which she inherited? The property is in Tamilnadu and we stay in Delhi. We belong to Hindu religion.

Answers (2)

131 votes

You say that your maternal grandfather acquired the property in 1940's and settled it in your mother's favour in 2011. If your mother inherited the property from her father as her exclusive share, she can very well sell it without anyone else's consent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

348 votes

Dear sir/madam,

1.if the property once stands in the name of woman that is called self acquired property of the woman.
2. there is no necessity obtain the NOC.
by regards
K.Sundara Murthy

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Mere papa ki death 6 Feb 2000 m hui thi .mere Dada hi ke do larke the.mere papa or tau ji. Him dono bhen hai bus Bhai nhi hai or tau ki ke ek larka(26…

Read More

My grandfather and his 2 brothers buy a land and distubuted among them. After my grandfather expire the grandfather portion transfer the land to my fa…

Read More

My father sold our ancestral property in 1993 when I was an adult. The conveyance deed was registered in 1993 but stamp duty was cleared in 2007 by th…

Read More

Hi, I would like to know that the ancestral property sold by my father can be reclaimed by me or not ? Is there a way to put pressure on my father not…

Read More