×

Father gave the property to mother in settlement want to claim right

Sir/Madam, My mother got a settlement from her father during the year 2011. This property was acquired by my maternal grandfather during the year 1940's. Now my mother wants to sell the property without our consent. Does she need a NOC from me and my brother and 2 sisters to sell the property. Can we legally claim rights of the property which she inherited? The property is in Tamilnadu and we stay in Delhi. We belong to Hindu religion.

You say that your maternal grandfather acquired the property in 1940's and settled it in your mother's favour in 2011. If your mother inherited the property from her father as her exclusive share, she can very well sell it without anyone else's consent.

Dear sir/madam,

1.if the property once stands in the name of woman that is called self acquired property of the woman.
2. there is no necessity obtain the NOC.
by regards
K.Sundara Murthy
Mob.9750733233