Father favour his second wife and child how to protect property share

We are 2 brothers and sister and our mother died at when we were very small and our father did second marriage.Now the problem is our father has become totally mad and crazy behind her and her child who is a girl. We think that our father will sooner or later give away our house in his second wife name and her child.So how can we protect our rights and how can we stop this from happening.Please advice we are in really bad situation.Is there any law that we can protect our house from our father by not giving away to his second wife as the house is presently in our father name. What should we do?

Answers (2)

186 votes

Facts are not clear such whether the said property is ancestral or self earned. If it is self earned and then the owner may dispose it as per his wish and will but if it is ancestral then with out your connsent it may not b possible. So see that if father is ready to give u your share by way of "Will or gift deed" and resolve the issue within family four corner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

111 votes

In case the property you are talking about is self acquired by your father he has every right to pass it on by means of a will to his second wife. That means after his death your step mother shall become the absolute owner. Again if your father dies intestate i.e. without leaving a will then the property will rightfully devolve on all his class 1 heirs. That means your stepmother, brother, sister, step sister and you. On the contrary if the property is ancestral then you can stake your claim on it. In that case you must furnish details of the property in question so I can advise you on it.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles