Father died mother wants to transfer the property to daughter

After my father's death, my mother wants to transfers his property to me (her daughter). If it's possible, how to proceed? I have 3 more siblings who are misbehaving and not taking care of my mother.

Answers (2)

79 votes

You cannot take the whole property. The property is to be partitioned equally among all of you and you can take only your share out of it. For partition, you have to file a partition suit in civil court through an advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

149 votes

If the property belongs to your father then it will be decided into 5 parts mother and 4 sons. If it is in the name of mother then she can transfer it to anyone of her choice but it should be the self acquired property

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles