Father died interstate brother taking all property mother want share

actually my mother wants to fight a case against her son as my father died recently and my brother has taken all her documents and bank pasbook etc. i just to verify will it create an issue if my mother give property to which is on her name and i want to file a case for my father property to be on my mothers name and my brother and his wife beats my mother I AM HINDU BY RELIGION

Answers (2)

134 votes

When your father had died intestate- all the children and your mother being class I legal heirs are entitled to an equal share in the property of the deceased.

I would advise your mother and you to file a suit for partition and declaration arraying your brother as an opposite party in respect of all the properties of the deceased.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

316 votes

Definitely your mother will get her share .The Hindu law of succession is well articulated regarding this ,your brother can't deprived her or you of the property ,your father had died without making any will it does not deprive others heir from the succession of the property left by your father .

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles