×

Father died interstate brother not willing to divide property equally

Hi, We are 3 brother's and one sister. My father expired a few years ago and had not written a will. We have 6 properties of different values. One brother is not willing for equal share in properties and wants more. What should be the course of action?

suit for partition and possession of their respective share by metes and bounds and you have not mentioned your religion and date of death of your father is also not mentioned further you have not mentioned. further whether the properties are ancestral or self acquired and your father brothers divided or undivided is not clear.

Course of action is to proceed legally and file a civil suit for allocation of the properties and demarcation of share in the said properties. Your brother will be an intended party in the litigation. Upon completion of such litigation, you can opt for a commissioner to be appointed in the matter who will be authorised by the court to enable the smooth division of properties among you and your brother. If you do not want to proceed via courts, catch hold of a lawyer and he will help you talk to your brother with respect to amicably dividing the properties among you and your brother.