Father denying share in ancestral and self acquired property.

My father has some self acquired property and ancestral property. He claims the ancestral property to be also self acquired property. He is of the point of view that I as a daughter do not have share in the property. Can I claim my share in ancestral property and self acquired property?

Dear Concerned,
In so far as the self acquired property of father is concerned, he is fully authorized to give it as per his own wish. For the ancestral property, if it is not devolved upon him as per the Hindu Succession Act, 1956, the same cannot be given by him at his discretion. However, a proper advice may be given only after ascertaining the complete facts of your case.

You may claim your right in the ancestral property by filing a suit for partition before the civil court having jurisdiction to hear the case. As for the self acquired property your father is free to deal with it as he pleases during his lifetime but if he goes without a Will you will have a share in that property as well