Father cheated by brothers to get his property by gift how to claim it

My father (now age 70)had four sons including me but my fathers divided the property (of his own)between three brothers as a gift without my notice.what about my share.recently I asked about my share to my father now he wants divide property into five parts (three +me+my father).my father is not educated. Now he is telling that he was cheated by three brothers now he wants to make it five parts how I can proceed

Answers (1)

256 votes

Your father needs to cancel the old gift deed and make a fresh one.
Since cancellation of gift deed has to be done only through the court of law, it is recommended that you approach the court in the place where the property is situated and get the gift deed cancelled.
Also since your father is 70 years old, he can under Senior citizen's act approach the district court and get the gift deed cancelled. Approaching the court under senior citizen's act is the best option as the courts when approached under senior citizen's act, will decide the case faster compared to other civil suits.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles