Enrochment of common area in Housing society

Being a chairman of my society I had allowed all owners to keep their personal stuff(shoe rack/cycle/flower pots gas cylinders) outside their flat i.e comman area. Although bye laws signed by me states that It's not allowed to keep things in common area.One of the flat owners has legally challenged these bye laws asking everyone to keep stuff inside and not in common area under the pretext of fire safety and damage. Can the easement act save me from this? Also I had sent ang debated multiple times under the pretext of fire safety and security,with the complainant owner to remove his small shoe rack in kept on one side of refugee door (the entry exit isn't completely blocked due to it) since his main door is adjacent to refugee area door. Now that owner is using the same reason to challenge bye laws and asking everyone to keep their stuff inside. What is the way out for me?

Answers (1)

269 votes

Ideally it’s not allowed to keep your stuff outside since the common area is for the use of all the residents residing on the at floor.
You have to abide by the fire safety norms and accordingly ask all your members to remove all the belongings from the common area as incase there is any uncertain event if there is any harm to the residents of the society you as the member of the committee will be held responsible

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles