Eligibility of grandson to inherit a share of grandfather's property

I am a resident of Mumbai married and have 3 year old Daughter, my grandfather passed away 2 years back. he had a flat on his name. now the building will soon be redeveloped. after my Grandfather's death, the title was transferred to my father and Uncle (50-50). my uncle wants to take the property and pay the 50% to my dad. My question is am i entitled to get the half share in that amount paid to my father.

Answers (3)

119 votes

information provided over here is incomplete
kindly provide me details whether you are hindu, Muslim, Christian or Sikh or belong to some other caste.
becasue different laws were applicable in different cases If hindu then kindly refer section 8 of hindu succession law , if not then kindly refer Indian Succession Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

167 votes

Is there any will executed by your grand father. You can demand your share in this property because it is belonging to your grandfther. This property is an ancestral property. You can claim right in it.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
67 votes

You have not disclose about you belongs to which religion, Succession of ancestral property has difference provision of share according to Customs and law applicable to you, such as Indian Succession Act, Hindu succession Act, Muslim and so on. As per your story it is clear that you are entitle to get share in the said property.

Adv. Balaji S. Sagar

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles