Elder brother in possession of property. How to claim share in it?

We have one ancestral property. Our elder brother is in possession of the property. How can we claim share in that property?

Answers (2)

223 votes

You should approch the appropriate court of law and file a partition and seperate possesstion of the family property with the supportive documents. Supportive Documents includes, List of property and its title documents, Family Tree etc..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

204 votes

issue a legal notice asking for your share in the said property, if after receipt of the legal notice your brother does not consent to giving your share in the said ancestral property, then you must file a suit for partition of this ancestral property.
In addition to the above you must seek a temporary injunction against your brother from trying to alienate, or create a charge over the suit schedule property during the pendency of the partition suit.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles