Daughter's right in ancestral property but brother's not giving share

My mother is married on aug 6th 1989. Her parents were expired in 2014, after that all the ancestral property was guardian-ed by my uncles(my mother's brothers). At that time they have promised some part of the property to my mom and her sister. Recently my mom's sister was expired in 2017 and we are facing trouble in getting my mom's property. What do you suggest now? What should be our approach?

Answers (2)

244 votes

you can claim her share in the joint family through filing a suit for partition as the property which devolved upon your mother will be devolved upon you as per section 14 and 6 of HIndu succession act if the parties were hindus

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

223 votes

This is M.A RAHEEN KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @ lawrato.com

First You have to collect all the documents of the said property and file the suit for Partition of the said property before the civil court, For filing case consult me through this website.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles