Daughter being forced by husband to ask share in father's property

I have done my daughtet marrige on 1975.at that time given lot of money to hand..agaun now with the force of husband ..filled case agnaist me ..undrr amendment 2005..how can i oppose her....plz answer me

Answers (1)

317 votes

Since your daughter got married in the year 1975, she will not be eligible for any share in ancestral property in whatsover manner as per hindu succession act 1956 and subsequent amendments in the succession act by state and central governments. She is not a co-parcenor in ancestral properties by law.

if she is asking for share from your self acquired properties, then also you do not need to give her as these are self acquired properties and you can deal with these properties in which manner so desired by you.
Contact a good lawyer who will prepare your defense.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles