Conditions of agreement to take land on lease for plantation

I want to take lease a piece of land for plantation from a farmer. Can I give him agri-product share to the land owner instead of money as for lease contract if the owner agree?

Answers (2)

139 votes

You can do so but a minimum consideration amount must be given as consideration amount. Kindly come to our office for further details with all the necessary documents so that you can be provided the best possible remedy

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

158 votes

Concept of providing share of Agricultural Product (Bhag) is very commonly known in the West Bengal Land Reforms Act and the same is accepted and recognized. However, as the covenants in the contract may be anything and that is binding upon the parties signing it, only the same should not be opposed to the public policy. In your case the same is permitted if agreed between the parties. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles