Completion certificate for property is missing and i want get it

Hi, I want to sell out my 30 year old residential property.While going through file completion certificate is missing.Property is title clear.How to get certificate,&in how many days I can get?

Answers (3)

We can get you Completion Certificate from the local authority within 15-30 days. You are situated in which city?

Upon completion of construction, it is mandatory for the developer or the owner of a stand-alone property to get a completion certificate from the local authority.

This certificate is awarded only if the authorities inspect and are satisfied that the project/building has been constructed according to the approved building plan and mandatory standards have been maintained.

This certificate is crucial to ensure the supply of basic amenities such as water, electricity and drainage system. The builder cannot give the possession to the buyer unless the completion certificate is obtained.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

A new title clearance certificate has to be issued by verifying relevant documents and then you can proceed with the transfer of your property. For that, you property's detailed description, alongside details as to revenue entry, property tax etc. has to be examined.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

You can get your Complition certificate from your local municipal corporation office. For missing certificate you have to provide any documentary evidence which showing property was belongs to you and by that you can get it.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My father expired on 08/02/ will..having only death suggest me how to take duplicate copy of papers.also there was partnership…

Read More

Hi i booked a flat in Faridabad sector 49. Builder is developing society based on the plotwise construction when we asked CC before registry he said t…

Read More

Dear Sir, I have paid off my Home Loan and consequently The registration of the sale deed is also released. Now I want to get the Encumbrance certific…

Read More

Dear Sir/Madam, I am purchasing a residential property (Built Resale House) in Patiala City without KHASRA No. Property was sold in 1986, 1994 & 2…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue