Complaint filed for construction of room in courtyard of DDA flat

Neighbour has complained to MCD regarding construction of room in flat courtyard (ground floor) built 5 years back & we are living in flat.Can mcd be stopped if demolition order is passed.Whether room can be demolished as similar construction is made by other flat owners in the block

Answers (3)

339 votes

yes, it can be stopped but it is required that you must provide full details of other flat owners to MCD when they issue notices to you regarding demolition of courtyard on ground floor. also you can provide them the original site plan approved

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

116 votes

With the passing of time certain addition or alteration can be done by occupant to live comfortable n peaceful life. The said room was constructed 5 years ago and was in knowledge of your neighbor. MCD has to follow various rules n regulations laid down by Hon'ble HC n further you have an option to file writ to restraint MCD from demolishing your said room.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
186 votes

As long as the construction the is in accordance with the building bye-laws, the mcd cannot demolish it. If you apprehend a threat. You can file a writ petition in the High Court and get a stay on any future demolition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles