Complaint against landlord for threatening tenants to vacate house

Hi, We are tenant in 2 story building. Since last few years landlord is threatning us, says take 5 lacs and goto village else I have too much money and i will buy judge and you will get nothing. He also doesnot allow anyone of us to sell the property, he says you have to sell it to me..building is 50 yrs old and we are worried, if i need to buy same size flat in next building it costs 1cr...while he offers just 5 lacs. Kindly guide

Dear Client,

From the fact narriated by you, it appears that the property falls under pagdi system. IF that is the case, you can very well secure your rights via court order. If the property is not pagdi- then you dont have any right to fight with landlord.

Kindly book an office consultation, to get correct and precise advice.

EXPERT JURIST LLP