Clarification on vacating siblings from house being in father's name

Hi, Both my father and mother expired. however one house is still on my father's name and in which my brother is residing and enjoying the rents of rest of the building. we are 2 brothers and 1 sister, who got married 20 years ago. What best I can do either to get it vacated completely and lock it or how can I legally enter into that property? Please advise what best I can do in this case legally?

Answers (2)

292 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad @

It is impossible to vacate the house completely you have to file the suit for partition and recovery of amount which earned by your brothers through rent for more discussions consult me through this website.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

you can file a suit for partition and seek for rents to be collected through a receiver and shall be deposited in the court of law and after the preliminary decree that you can file a final decree and got the share of the property devolved upon you and mutated

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles