Clarification on purchase of agricultural land from legal heirs

Purchased agricultural land in the year 1999 from the legal heirs whose father was the absolute owner bearing the respective pass book and has been demised long back. We were doing cultivation from the same year and in 2007 applied for the ownership transfer and were being issued pass books by the government authority. In the year 2008 the grandsons of the land owner made a gift settlement deed from their grandmother and they even applied for the pass books of the land which weren't being issued after we filed a complaint to the MRO,now in 2017,they have made an appeal based on their gift settlement deed.

you can file a suit for declaration and possession and mutation upon the all the others who are challenging your right and you can make the court to direct the Tashildar for mutation and issuance of pass books

As you said that you have purchased the land from legal heir and if the sequence is correct and all the legal heir have come forward for sale deed then you need not worry about. In appeal you can file documents and defend the case.