Clarification on my right over my father's self acquired property

my father has self earned property - land and house. My mother a housewife is the owner of that property. we are 4 bro and 2 sis. All are married and settled. My question: 1) Can my mother by a Will document can give the property to any one ? 2) what is my right on this property ? 3) Can my sisters claims rights on this property ? 4)Both budha-budhi are alive now . Can I get my share in by law. ?

Answers (2)

298 votes

Yes she can make will in favour of anybody she likes and you brother and sisters have no rights till she is alive and also you cannot claim on that property. But after her death, the property will be converted into ancestral property and after that you all will have shares on the property and can also claim.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

You don't have any right over the self acquired property of your parents. They can make a will in favour of anybody whom they feel suitable and proper...................................................

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles