Clarification in sale of joint owner property by individual owner

Hi all, I want to buy a small flat in Noida- Bisrakh village. with my father name and one of my family friend. I will arrange the funds and the way I want it to be that anyone can sell it without the permission of another. Means if my father wants to sell this property then He can without involvement of my friend. Similar if my friend wants to sell it then He can sell without involvement of my father. Although I will keep all registry paper with me. But that paper can be given to my father or my friend if anyone wants to sell. Please suggest can it be done. Regards, 

Answers (2)

65 votes

it can be done but with proper procedure.
one sale deed will be executed in name of your father and friend regarding the flat when they purchase the same and simultaneously two Power of attorneys also required to be executed, i.e. one from your father to your friend and vice-versa regarding selling of the flat to anyone and in that situation the consent of the other will not be required as the Power of Attorney will be in existence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

150 votes

See technically what you want to do is legally impermissible. But it can be achieved by two ways, firstly to buy the land in the name of your father and issuing a general power of attorney in the name of your friend or maybe you buying it in your name and issuing power of attorney in the name of whomsoever you intend to. Secondly, is by purchasing the flat in your name and making a Will thereafter where you say what you want specifically. The first one would be a viable option as I presume that you are in good health. Please note that Making a will means declaring all your properties, assets, etc. to be as regulated per your wish, it does not say about a specific treatment.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles