Claim on brother's property after paying and in possession for 18 yrs

A plot of land owned by brother is in my possession for around 18 years. I have spent lot on it, can I claim the land.Moreover I have given more money than its market value to my brother since he promised me to register it in my name. But he has got loan from bank by mortgaging it without my knowledge. And is trying to sell it by Paying back the bank. Can I claim now, without having to pay anymore for it. And am a hindu

In order to claim repayment of money or purchase of property, you should have the valid proof of payment is one thing.
And in case of ancestor property, you have a right that prioritize you to purchase the subject matter by paying market value.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli