Claim in late husband's property

We are hindu. Sister's husband expired and she have 3 years old baby boy. Sister's husband had changed his property to his mother which he got from his grandpa as will. And another one is land which is his own earning. They have keeping her jewel which we put for her marriage. They are not returning the jewel. Is there any chance to get the property and jewels.

Transfer of property acquired by a legatee by means of a will to another is perfectly valid in law. The same applies to transfer of a self-acquired one. You may file a suit for reclaiming your sister's jewels, if you can support your claim by solid proof. However, it will be a long-drawn matter.

Your sisters son and sister has got a right in the inherited property got from the grandpa. They also can claim the self acquired property. She can claim her jewels as she wants to live independently.

As far as the property is concerned your Sister's husband had executed settlement deed in favour of his Mother. Therefore, she became owner of the said property, which we cannot legally talk about.

As far as the jewels are concerned they cannot retain it as the same belongs to your Sister. We can file petition for return of properties.