Claim by BLRO over vacant land being purchased by friend

My friend had purchased a land long back in kolkata. Now the vicinity around has developed and only our land is left to be constructed. They have been paying tax on the empty plot. However now when they are going to sell, the BLRO is claiming that only a part of the land belongs to them. Please help how this can be solved. They are not ready to check corporation tax receipts. Please help.

Answers (2)

166 votes

First of all you have to check the " parch" which issued by the BL&LRO to you.
Secondly you have to check the similarity in terms of the measurements of the title deed and parcha.
If the measurements of land shown in the parcha and title deed is same then there is no problem.
If still date you don't have parcha then you have to file a case against the department for recording your name as par the title deed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

290 votes

You need to come to our office with all the documents so that we can provide you the best possible remedy. You will get the share of land which you have bought. Its your right. No one else can take it from you

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles