Cancelled flat builder not refunding money what to do

4 yrs ago i booked a flat in pre launch state but that builder not constructing 50 % ammount paid at a time by cheque. Before one yrs i cancelled then also not returning my paid money what to do now?

Answers (2)

333 votes

Now the laws are very strict and the Court are also taking actions against the defaulting builders. You should file case against the builder. Also if you can find few more people who have booked flats and been cheated in the same project you can contact them and all of you shall separately file case against the builder, as this will have a major impact on the matter and quick action will be taken.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

As per information given by clients,
U can file consumer complaint under consumer protection act 1986 in consumer court for deficiency of service, recovery of money and u can also seek compensation for non refund of money.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles