Cancellation of registered documents

Sir / madam I had one ancestoral property which my grand father rented out around 70 years ago. Full property was given to one family for residential purpose. we had sued them for eviction in 1990's. The suit was barred under DRC act section 50. Court held us as landlord and defendent as Tenant. Order attained finality. Due to passage of time our title documents of property are not traceable. Now recently I came to know that one of our Tenant had sold our property and get the document registered with sub Registrar who doesn't had jurisdiction on that area. I had contacted one lawyer who told me that we can get document cancelled but at the same time we had to prove our ownership title. Kindly help me as title documents are not traceable what can we do best to save our property

Answers (2)

250 votes

hello client in this metro you need to urgently filed litigation in the competent court of law the fraud and forgery which is Bean played upon you on the name of fraud registry the tenants and this fraud need to be notified in the court of law in the competent jurisdiction so that analysis can be made out overall case and fraud people can be penalized legala is manners and your property what do you .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

339 votes

Do you have the record of the court proceedings of 1990s? Any witnesses who may depose in your favour? How did the tenant sell the property without clear title? Further and better particulars are needed for an effective opinion.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles