Can wife demand house which is in my fathers name

I have house constructed in 2014 with my father money and I contributed in it. Father passed away last year. I wish to distribute the property or want to gift it to my niece. I am awaiting for divorce as we don't have relationship since 2015. Please advise if my wife can case against me for acquiring my properly.

no where law says wife got share in a coparcenary property and as you are awaiting divorce and as now property bequeathed to you, she can claim a right of residence only to live along with you if she is willing to join you

my wife can case against me for acquiring my property.?

yes. she may file for property,
1) she may file suit/case for her Share in your property.
2) if, one time settlement / permanent alimony in divorce. she will not file.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli

This is M.A Raheem Khan Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @ lawrato.com

you have wait till divorce, if your wife filed maintenance case against you then she also attach your share in your father property. I suggest you wait till divorce process completed. for more details kindly consult me through this website.