Can wife after acquiring husband's property transfer the same by will

MY father expired in 2012 with out writing any will for the house constructed in73 sq.yards of patta place. And now my mother applied for govt to register that patta land on her name. My question is if it happens so, Does she has a right to write a will according to her wish for any one with out my notice? I am her daughter and i have one brother.we both got married

Answers (2)

348 votes

Once the property is transffered in your mother name then she can give the property to anyone . You can ask her your part of share and if that is denied then you can claim the same by filing a suit for partition. Call us through the website for further assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

302 votes

yes she can write a will as per her wish if the property was absolutely given to him or else if your father died intestate you can claim share even though your mother written a will and you can approach the court of law for partition

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles