Can widows claim share in parents property

we are 5 mother has divided the property in such a way that 2 elder brothers got 2 separate land and house and were living separately . we rest 3 brothers staying together on same land in same house but different floors. my mother died long back ,also my 2 brothers who were living separately,expired long back.we(3 brothers) are doing the maintenance of the entire house , where my late mother was staying,along with us( 3 brothers) . suddenly my younger brother(between three of us, who was unmarried,expired). now all of a sudden the two widows of my late brothers, claiming a share in there late mothers inlaw and brother inlaw(my late younger brother) property, inspite both of them got the house and land of there respective late husbands. kindly advice me any law is there to prevent both the widows claming my late mothers and late brothers property.kindly note we are hindu by religion

Answers (2)

225 votes

You have many remedies. You can file title suit against them or you can take criminal action also against them. Kindly contact me in my office for proper remedy.
14, hate street, opposite telephone house, kolkata - 700 001

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

Well, the living brothers being the Class II entry (II) legal heirs, are entitled to the property of the recent deceased brother being in the preferential position that the widows of the late brothers who is in Class II, Entry (VI). Hence don't worry and rest assure, your property of three brothers (Two Living and One Deceased) cannot be touched by your widow sisters in law as per the provision of the Hindu Succession Act 1956. All the best. Regards.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles