Can son claim rights in the ancestral property sold without consent

My father has sold our ancestral property to builder without my consent , when sale deed execute that time i was major, can i file suite to claiming my rights on ancestral property

Answers (3)

If you have any rights then definately you can file suite against him but if that property is in your fathers name then you can't. Kindly scrutinize the documents regarding the same through registrar office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

yes you have right to file civil suit, at present your major, you can file civil Suit for declaration ,and or cancellation of agreement , any query and legal suggestion, visit to my office and contact me

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

yes you can claim to the extent of your proportionate share in the ancestral property. you can also challenge the sale in court. have to study the sale agreement as to how the title of the property was described therein. if you choose to challenge, do it without delay.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, I would like to know that the ancestral property sold by my father can be reclaimed by me or not ? Is there a way to put pressure on my father not…

Read More

I have a big ancestral property in my village but my uncles are not ready to sell, there are 6 partners in that property , what to do please suggest a…

Read More

What rights do girls hv in family and ancestral property? If a part of the property is already written off to the boy child without giving anything to…

Read More

Respected Sir/Madam, Being a grand-daughter can I claim to grand-father's (mother's father) self-acquired property ? Grand-father has not divi…

Read More