Can son claim grandfather's shop as promised by father for the same

I got married in January 2012,My wife was selected by my mother and I was in other city working in a company,I trusted my family so I don't even came to see her,after a few months my mother started to put pressure on my wife for dowry and in front of me she would show like my wife was telling the lie as I was out on work whole day,One day my father, mother and brother beat my wife,as a result she filed a complaint against them.As a result my mother and father insisted me to go out with my family on a rented house and promised me that they will give me the rent of the house and give me my share in a year but now they are refusing from to do so, please advise me as I am not able to support my family as I had a accident in which my left hand was damaged and I have lost the job.I had worked in my grandfather's workshop for 10 years with my father against his promise that this workshop would be given to me as I was not paid any wages. Now my family is not giving me that also

Answers (2)

219 votes

In case you're grandfather is alive and it's his self acquired property then no body has any right over the same. After his death all legal heirs are entitled in equal share presumably there is no will from your grandfather. In the presence of your father no legal heir is entitled to any share. Certainly you can claim your salary while you worked in the workshop.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

87 votes

It depends on whether the this promise scribed in writing or not .if not it doesn't counts any value in the eyes of law . But the term you work in their workshop for that u can claim wages/ salary for that in appropriate court of law

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles