Can someone register property mentioned in the registered will

Can I register my portion of the property mentioned in the registered will. Father Expired two years ago and mother expired sixteen years ago. I have one brother and two sisters and one sister is expired six years ago.

Answers (2)

238 votes

By virtue of the will whether it is registered or not you can claim your right to the property but you have to follow the procedure laid down by the law . So first you have to probate the will and then only you can register your portion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

269 votes

Your father's will has to be examined thoroughly before rendering you any proper advice in the matter. In any case, if you are in possession of the original will, there is no need to register your portion of the property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Sir / Madam, I am 52 year old, married without children, cancer patient unable to work and surviving on wife's salary. My father who is 93 yrs old…

Read More

My husband has no asset at all. when he was minor his mother and elder brother bought some land in the name of elder brother taking loan they built a …

Read More

Property among my father and his brothers has not been divided but one of them has possession of land papers He has started construction on the land h…

Read More

i am a married women , i have 6 sisters and 2 brothers , my father have 9 acer land. i want share in father land i am belongs to sc cast my father is …

Read More