Can sister in law claim inherited property transferred by husband

Hi myself from Bangalore would like to seek your advice relating to my father's property. My grandfather's property was done in my father's name in the year 2003 by my grand father wish himself who died in the year of 2009. But in the year of 2012, my father has transferred the property to my mother's name. Now since the property is in my mom's name, my all 03 Aunts who got married in the year of 1980 are all demanding the share on the property. Please help me with the advice what are the best options left for us with the legal fights... Regards,

Answers (1)

169 votes

when the property is done to your father then your father will become the absolute owner of the said property ( you are not mentioned the mode of transfer) and as you told your father transferred to your mother in the year 20012. It clarifies that the your mother will become the absolute owner of the property.

You aunts dont have right to claim their share in the said property. Since the said property is transferred from your grand father.

Better you take the civil relief by filing necessary application.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles