Can ownership rights be lost in case property possessed from 1990

Sir The property belogs to my father systers husbands ansitral property but we are enjoying from long period but not get any registerd document from the legal hairs. The property enroled in the revenue record in my name in 1990 but now legal hairs are suit for title owner ship. Con i loss ownership rights

Answers (2)

136 votes

No you cannot lose title over ownership as the property is sold in1990 and now they want their names also to be written in the document we have to prove that they have already got thir share and they were well aware

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

159 votes

As you have said that it belongs to your father sister husband ancestral property then you have stayed as permissive possession in the property and you don't have any title stands in your name as a owner. Mere name in revenue records does not confer title. You can only take a plea as adverse possession as your position is more then 25 years. For further assistance call us through the website

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles