Can niece claim share in uncle's property if she took care of him

My Uncle who is a husband for my moms wife has some land but no kids. He has a sister who is married. I'm the one who takes care of them hence they want to give their land to me as a gift deed. Will there be any chance for my uncle's family member or his sister to retake or cancel this gift deed. could you suggest me best way to get this land registered on my name so that there cannot be any future complications.

Answers (2)

56 votes

Gift deed is such that it can be given to any person irrespective but delivery of possession is important in gift deed to any person. Their are criteria for gift deed if the ingredients are fulfilled then no other person can claim towards the said land.
You can contact us through website to assist further

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

249 votes

As per the facts provided by you, your uncle is not having any legal heir as for now. Hus, if he wants to transfer the said property in your favour then he can do so by a way of gift deed. You will have to keep in mind that the said property which is going to be transferred is of self acquired nature.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles