Can my eldest son evict from the house owned b y husband after death?

I am 72 yrs staying alone after my husbands death since 25 years i a flat in mumbai held in the names of my 2 elder sons out of which one is dead i and my third son are associate members in that flat,all my sons are staying saperately 1) can my eldest son dislocate me from the flat ? 2) can i approach the court for a stay order not to disturb me till i am alive? 3) what are the chances that i will get a stay order in my favour? 4) can i keep paying guest for my safety? pls help there is an unregistered sale agreement between my husband and eldest son, my husband when alive had filed the case

Answers (1)

235 votes

Definitely, you can file criminal case under Domestic Violence Act against your son and seek & claim all the reliefs you are in need. You will successfuly get all the reliefs you are in need. You can also file civil suit against your son & can lodge an FIR against him. Criminal case under Domestic Violence act is the speedy remedy which you can go for.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles