Can mother sell diseased father's property without informing son ?

My father expired and all property and land is in father name. Mother want to sell the part of property please suggest how to stop. I have 1 daughter and one son and they are minor

Answers (2)

105 votes

As the property in question is in your Father's name and he died without making a will so now the property will be shared equally among you, your mother and your children and she can not sell away the property without your and your children's signature.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

293 votes

Your Mother has a share in the property in the name of your deceased father. You can file a partition suit to claim your share out of your fathers property. The court can in the meantime grant you an injunction restricting your mother to sell any part of the property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles