Can legal partition of parents property be done only with form 1& 14?

Can the legal partition of parents property be done after their death only with form 1 and 14

Answers (3)

180 votes

Form inxiv is doc under land revenue code and is presumed to b true unless disproved otherwise.
So in the absence of other title docs and in absence of any objections with reference to title one can do partition based on form inxiv.
But the position as regarding to presumption shall continue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

335 votes

With regards to your question Can the legal partition of parents property be done after their death only with form 1 and 14.

Legal Partition can be done with regards to all assets that dwell in the inheritance.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
198 votes

First have ur parents bought the property or is it ancestral property?.form 1 and 14 does not show title to property. U become a legsl heir by birth. And you succeed to whatever property your parents acquire by inheritance or by self acquisition. You have to show the property on whose name it is and how u are related to the owner of the property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles