Can i send a legal notice to my father to stop construction

I would like to send legal notice to my father to stop the ongoing construction so that he parts some money as its his self acquired property The question is Can I send legal notice If yes will the construction be stalled. Is this legal notice the stay order After issuing legal notice what's the next step involved

Answers (2)

345 votes

If it is self acquired property and property not being derived from ancestral or that is an improvement of an ancestral property ,, u have very limited scope to challenge it , as the owner of the property is rightfully entitled to make any such alterations to the property
So with regard to the legal notice , it may not serve much purpose!
If at all he wishes to bequeath his self acquired property to you , he needs to transfer to you in accordance with law until then it looks like you have no right in the property by the facts tht you have given !

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

89 votes

1. After issuing legal notice, you can not expect the construction would be stopped. But, there are high chances of stopping construction.

2. For immediate remedy, you can complaint to police about any kind of violation in the construction. Once the police complaint made then the construction would be stopped immediately.

3. After legal notice issued to your father and / or complain to police, you can approach court for the injunction for the construction. Getting the court order is the permanent solution.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles