Can I purchase a flat from co-operative society member

I wanted to purchase an apartment from a co-operative society member allocated to him. The seller has informed that he will not be able to provide NOC from society but he can arrange attestation by at least two society board members during registration. Can we go ahead and purchase the property? It comes under Telanagan Co-operative society.

Answers (2)

220 votes

please see whether any allocation letter is given to the vendor or not and also see that if such allotment is confirmed by the general body of the society and the any sale deed is issued by the co-operative society or else please take strict opinion of an advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

162 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad,@

It is compulsory to obtain No Objection certificate from the society to sale and purchase the said property to avoid any future dispute from the society.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles