Can I file RTI for settling property dispute

My paternal grand father died 10 years ago.after that property distribution took place without our presence.the land or money is not yet settled.we want to  file case on whole property distribution but we do not know details about land.can I file RTI to know where all we posses land.

Let me know how you are liable to inherit your paternal grand father's property was it his self acquired property, whether he has executed any Will or Gift Deed if ii was his self acquired property. What is your father has to say about it ? Property distribution took among whom ? If so why your father has not questioned the partition if he was not considered or in absence of your mother why your mother or you were considered by the family . What document you want to get under RTI and in which authority . If so the authority has to be government only. Anyways your question is incomplete to give the opinion. Hence consult us for further legal action.