Can I file RTI for settling property dispute

My paternal grand father died 10 years ago.after that property distribution took place without our presence.the land or money is not yet settled.we want to  file case on whole property distribution but we do not know details about land.can I file RTI to know where all we posses land.

Answers (1)

163 votes

Let me know how you are liable to inherit your paternal grand father's property was it his self acquired property, whether he has executed any Will or Gift Deed if ii was his self acquired property. What is your father has to say about it ? Property distribution took among whom ? If so why your father has not questioned the partition if he was not considered or in absence of your mother why your mother or you were considered by the family . What document you want to get under RTI and in which authority . If so the authority has to be government only. Anyways your question is incomplete to give the opinion. Hence consult us for further legal action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles