×

quescan i claim my share in a gift deed?

my father(late) has gifted a property to my brother through registrered gift deed without my knowledge and which was purchased by selling the property of my grandfather. Can i claim share in that property now?

• anssee sir we have to see, why your father gifted property to your brother by ignore your interest. what was your father health condition at the time of gifted and other circumstances, than sure you can claim over the gifted property.

Advocate Shashikumar K

Cunningham Road, Bangalore

• ansTwo things must be made clear, first at the time of sale of the property of your grandfather were you a minor, and if not had your father taken your consent/signature in order to sell the property, if not then the subsequent gift made by your father in favour of your brother can be questioned in a court of law and sought to be quashed or set aside, alternatively you could ask for a share in the gifted property as well.

Advocate Kiran N Murthy

Indiranagar, Bangalore