can i claim my share in a gift deed?

my father(late) has gifted a property to my brother through registrered gift deed without my knowledge and which was purchased by selling the property of my grandfather. Can i claim share in that property now?

Answers (2)

74 votes

see sir we have to see, why your father gifted property to your brother by ignore your interest. what was your father health condition at the time of gifted and other circumstances, than sure you can claim over the gifted property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

103 votes

Two things must be made clear, first at the time of sale of the property of your grandfather were you a minor, and if not had your father taken your consent/signature in order to sell the property, if not then the subsequent gift made by your father in favour of your brother can be questioned in a court of law and sought to be quashed or set aside, alternatively you could ask for a share in the gifted property as well.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles