Can I claim a share in my mothers property

Hindu, my mother have a property of house in her own name, we are one brother and sister. My mother has Forcefully written the property as gift deed from my brother.. Now I'll just know that can I claim that property?? Mentally menupuleting my mother to writing that property in my brother name without informing me. After signing I know everything..

Answers (2)

56 votes

yes you can claim the property as your mother has gifted the property to your brother forcefully. if a property is given by using force then it is not legally valid. you must claim the share of the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

312 votes

Since the property belongs to your mother, she can gift the same to whoever she wants. However, if you think the gift is not with free consent of your mother and if you can take your mother in your side, you can file a suit for cancellation of such gift in the name of your mother, if such gift is cancelled, you can ask her to gift the same in your favour. All the best, Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles