Can daughter claim for any share in father's property?

24-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
Father passed away in 1991. After that in 1994 property transfered to mother and 3 sons.Then mother passed away in now 2 daughters claiming for equal shares to that property. As we know as per Hindu succession Act 2005 if father died before September 9 ,2005 then daughter can not claim for equal share and also if property distributed before 20 December 2004 then also daughter can not claim for question is in this case can daughter claim for share?if yes then how?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
519 votes
As you already know as per the provisions of the Hindu succession Act 2005 if father died before 2005 amendment in the Act, the married daughters can not claim for equal shares. In your case your parents died intestate long back hence your married sisters cannot claim the said rights, even if they claim, their claim may not be entertained before the Court of law. All the best. Regards

Answer #2
710 votes
yes daughter can claim the property, in accordance with the Hindu law. the law which you are saying was passed but it was later reversed. but there might be some possible way outs for you to not to give the daughters their share. it is better advised to you that a face to face interaction is very much needed in order to provide you a better and correct advice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."