Can a son claim share in her mother's property

04-May-2023 (In Property Law)
Hi, My house constructed 30 years back which was registered on my mother name, she gifted half position as a gift to my sister during her marriage. After few years she paid 15 Lakhs and took back half portion. can I approach the court for my share. Note: The house is not gifted my mother's parents. the house constructed by sellings farms which were given by grand father., Thanks
Answers (1)

Answer #1
787 votes
When the house constructed with the sale of ancestral property then the house also be an ancestral property. Then all the children having shares in such property. So you can claim your share in that property.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."